Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 27: Day Too Soon



We've only got a few days left, but I promise to go out with a BANG. I'll most likely continue Mulatto Music, but probably in a slightly different format.
Day Too Soon is a song by Australian Singer Sia Furler, better known simply as Sia. Sia resembles something like a mash-up of Jewel, Adele, Norah Jones, and Regina Spektor. She has released 4 solo albums, previously she sang with indie band Crisp, and she regularly lends her vocals to UK group Zero 7. Sia has the spirit of a child, and brings a magical feel
ing to her music.

Song: Day Too Soon

Artist: Sia

Album: Some People Have Real Prob
lems (2008)

In this track Prince Charming arrives to Sia's open arms. A beautiful array of instruments, including wonderful piano work and a nicely accenting violin, provide the music to this downtempo song. Well thought lyrics pave the way for unbelievable vocalization
"Now I've been running all my life
I ran away, I ran away from good
Yeah, I've been waiting all my life
You're not a day, you're not a day too soon"
Sia's voice is wonderfully haunting, like a jolly ghost, and her voice is truly irreplicable, even though that's not "really" a word. Sia is a unique artist, who you get the feeling could sing the alphabet song and make it her own. A Youtube comment on an acoustic version of Day Too Soon sums her sound up perfectly: "she is so amazing, i want to have a baking day with her at my house when i watch her and listen to her it's like being in neverland". Like being in Neverland indeed.

Listen Here!

Lyrics Here¡

For more Sia
listen to her single Breathe Me and get her album Some People Have Real Problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment