Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 1: Introduction/Talkin' Blues

Hello, and welcome to my very first blog posting. It is my goal to open your mind, and ears, to music, regardless of genre. I want to open your eyes to see that good music is everywhere (yes, even in the age of Soulja Boy and Lady Gaga). I will introduce you to great artists and songs that you've never heard of, and tell you things that you never knew about your favorite songs and artists. I will take you from the 1940's to the 2000's and back again, journeying through the mainstream, off the beaten path and beyond. So won't you come along for the ride?


Song: Talkin' Blues
Artist: Bob Marley & The Wailers
Album: Natty Dread (1974)

Imagine if the blues hooked up with reggae and made sweet sweet love...Talkin' Blues is what would come out of the womb 9 months later. This is one of my favorite songs to listen to when I'm feeling down and out. It has the ability to make me feel sad, hopeful, and just plain good, all at the same time. Mr. Marley sings it just right, hitting all the right spots, and the I-Threes back it up real smooth to deliver an irresistible combination sure to cause an eargasm every time. The lyrics are a classic blues refrain with a Marley twist,
"Cold ground was my bed last night,
And rock was my pillow too
...
I've been down on the rock for so long,
I seem to wear a permanent screw"
and the music is a beautiful medley of reggae and blues that makes you feel happy to feel sad. You feel me?

Listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FYxPOicqt4

And view the full lyrics here: http://www.metrolyrics.com/talkin-blues-lyrics-bob-marley.html

If you enjoy my blog don't forget to click the "follow" button in the upper left corner and help me reach my goal of 1000 followers in 30 days!





2 comments:

  1. Kiss me through the phone-LOL. I'm really looking forward to the next 30 days! I'm excited to come back and see what the next review will be and then get it on my ipod!

    Waiting in anticipation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zombie ramon!!! baba yo bee! i love it gabe...great job!

    ReplyDelete