Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 24: Use Somebody

King of Leon. 3 brothers and 1 cousin who all go by their middle name. They're kind of a big deal, or at least so I hear. They are, at the very least, worthy of researching to find out the depth of their artistry. I know for a fact that they have one very good song, and perhaps many more. I plan to find out and I invite you to as well. For now chew on this.

Song: Use Somebody
Artist: King of Leon
Album: Only By The Night (2008)

Kings of Leon has been making quite a stir in recent years, and while I had heard OF them I didn't actually hear them until their recent appearance on Conan. I was a bit skeptical, thinking they would be something like The White Stripes (for whom I harbor much indifference towards). But from the first strum of the guitar I was intrigued. When they began singing "whoa-ohhhh", like something from a dream state, my ears were on end. Use Somebody feels like something I could hear Dave Grohl belting out with the Foo Fighters, and that's not a bad thing.

Listen here!

Lyrics here¡

No comments:

Post a Comment